Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Difficulty of Translating Principles into Practical Applications.



 (Click to access!)



My comment:

The Difficulty of Translating Principles into Practical Applications. 1.

In principle, it seems simple to define and cure an early trauma. Your books and reflections have during 40 years provided us with numerous examples how simple it might be. In spite of myself being a living example of how a serious birth trauma, and related anxiety, allergies, neuroses can be cured with ”a little thought added with a heavy mixture of feeling”, the principle of ”Evolution In Reverse”, seems in general to be a rocket, too heavy, to take off. WHY???

You certainly do not lack the ability to describe and explain the processes, in our bodies and minds, which in unfortunate situations, of neglect and abuse,  occur. As when a fetus or very young child is exposed to a trauma / pain that is too painful, the evolutionary reflexes rationalize / transform them to secure symbols to protect the child’s consciousness. Over the years, you have repeatedly proven and documented how our repressed / non perceived pain over taxes our internal organs, which, far too early, are worn out and give us heart attacks, ulcers, diabetes, hypertension, stroke, epilepsy, etc.

Over the past 18 months, I have been able to compare my life to a contemporary frind’s life. As young people, we were both talented and had good reasons to be optimistic about the future. We came both from emotionally poor families who, however, offered us a rich ”smorgasbord” of practical and theoretical perspectives. We liked and felt attracted to each other and our outwardly appearances were healthy and charming, although we both were somewhat inhibited and insecure without understanding why... 

At the age of 19, our paths parted. I got epilepsy, was chemically lobotomised with heavy medications, and had for some years, gingerly, to build up a neurotic life pattern based on practical knowledge. My friend went straight on to the academic track, which led to a, seemingly, very successful career in the service of science. My epilepsy made it difficult to apply my neuroses in theoretical knowledge / studies which did not have as a purpose to deepen my practical experiences. My trauma / pain could only be suppressed with medication and intensive projects, lasting 2 - 3 years, which meant a total absorption of my mental and physical energy. This fatiguing lifestyle, I was saved from by The Primal Therapy, by applying ”a heavy mixture of emotions, added with a little reflection”. That way, using nonverbal principals compatible with my epilepsy, I eventually demystified my birth trauma, my epilepsy and my neurotic life pattern and could finally understand my problem. 

My friend had no conscious problems to suppress neglected childhood feelings. The family’s scientific background and support from the university environment pushed the studies and research career and kept the childhood pain at bay. The price for a highly intensive and qualified research career, which contained predominantly theoretical models without regard to practical applications, in time became goiter, hypertension and stroke.

Since we are both retired and free spirits, we can compare our lives and share the joys and sorrows of our experiences. The main balance is that we unreservedly share the understanding of the negative influence that a symbolic life filled with repressed pain had. Through my experiences and the help I have received from The Primal Therapy, I’m not afraid to show and tell about my relived pain. That makes my friend more open and willing  to open up and to get a whole new outlook on the childhood, the research career and how repressions have been over taxing the body and the vital signs.

It is during this ”primal process”, between two soul mates that I started to wonder about the practical setting that ”a little thought added with a heavy mixture of feeling” needs to get the simple principles of PT to become every man’s / family’s reality.

Jan Johnsson

No comments:

Post a Comment