Tuesday, June 10, 2014

THANKS FOR THE MEMORY.


In a wonderful little book, “I would love to seduce you, but I’m too weak,” a writer, Margareta Strömstedt develops, ingeniously, memories from a long life in the center of attention. She does it through memories of her dead friend and fellow author Astrid Lindgren (“Pippi Longstocking,” “Karlsson-on-the-Roof”, “The Brothers Lionheart” and “The Children of Noisy Village” etc..). Astrid Lindgren’s books are all, invariably, about being ready to defend the weak and vulnerable in our harsh adult society. “The establishment, in each moment, should be prepared to make a revolution on the mental level, when the mind is about to freeze, let us be called back by the child within us - back to the imagination and creativity, to the vivid sensations and to the bold changes of thoughts and experiments.”

Margareta Strömstedt shows, through examples from her long life, how the universes of the child and an adult have affected her in different stages as a child, woman, wife, writer and human being, etc. and with warmth, love, tragedy, rage and pain taken from her personal experiences, she stimulates skillfully endless memory clusters in my life. She makes me feel lucky to have experienced the Evolution in Reverse and had the opportunity to re-live my earliest trauma / pain and to have obtained improved access to my memories.

The memories of the many people and situations I have encountered, the hundreds of books I have read, and the successes and failures I have experienced do not always remain in their original memory version. However, when pain, neuroses and traumas no longer inhibits my memory, I retain the feelings from my accumulated experiences as an accessible wisdom that enriches my daily life.

Music and especial jazz music is one of the memory connections from which I now have much pleasure. Many memories in my life, including in my dreams, have musical ties. Often when I write about or to someone, a classic jazz tune runs out in my memory. This ability has been specifically developed over the last 10-15 years since I freed myself from my epileptic stigma and my chemical lobotomy and become freer. For me, this was a surprising “bottom-up” communication of memories that I thought reserved for “musically gifted people.” With jazz-musical-poetry life becomes complete when words are not enough. 

My experiences with the Primal Principle (in combination with natural support of physiotherapy / Rolfing) has in recent years received an unexpected setting. It is due to the contact I established with the woman, who when she was a girl made a deep impression on my memory during adolescence. The memory explosion that occurred during the first hours of our contact after 53 years can best be compared to a simultaneous series of intense thunderstorms when the whole sky is full of lightning. We are still, after 3 years, daily engaged in interpreting and seeing life from three perspectives; 1. Our first 18 years of life. 2. 53 years of our very different careers. 3. From 2011 onward. To interpret ourselves, the environment, books and articles under safe conditions are developing. We destroy prejudices and inhibitions and in matters concerning interpretations of symptoms; The Primal Principle is often the watershed.

Another stimulating world of memories is growing strong. Memories of my 40 years in the PT and just as many years in a parallel career as a change expert and manager, matures suddenly. Both careers have had the same incentives; to help, more or less, traumatized, deranged organizations and individuals to function again. I developed, eventually, a good understanding of both of these worlds, and I acted successfully in niches of them. Combining the two, fully, did not, for various reasons enter my mind. Now, however, with a better perspective on life and through the ongoing development in modern change-consulting, I see apparent “interdisciplinary” combinations. It cannot reasonably be easier than that each organization and its services consists of individuals. With memories. So I will be back with comments while I still have the strength to seduce....

RE-VOLUTION  =  ROLL BACK TO THE ORIGIN!
RE-VOLUTION  =  MAKE ME LIVING AGAIN!

Jan Johnsson


No comments:

Post a Comment