Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Conscious Working Class Hero Art!

My Conscious Working Class Hero Art!

I also had a dream last night. It was a sweeping lifelong primal. I stood on my childhood railway station in southern Sweden, and I saw a long train with  an impressive American locomotive rolling in. The train came from Gothenburg, and I felt intense; this is the right train. It was, symbolically, the train I had boarded when I had decided, after only four months of employment (May -August 1974), to leave a management position in a Union Carbide company. The train / my decision had freed me from a job with tempting material wealth that would have risked my, via The Primal Scream, newly awakened ambitions to demystify my epilepsy (= birth trauma). Feelings of varying character filled me while I, for a long while, looked at the train. I thought about Art’s metaphor; a person who boards the wrong train, he / she is bound to, continuously, arrive at the wrong station.

Given my usual curiosity, I know astonishingly little about Art Janov. Even though, he calls me a friend and has been my reliable guide out of a horrible pain / repression. Art’s, as I thought, aristocratic anonymity, diminishes and turns over to a fellowship of proletarian dimensions when I read his emotional stories of his historyless and in many respects ruined childhood and adolescence. How has Art managed to become who he is? From his Russian proletarian background to the unconscious Honorable Ph.D. Arthur Janov, back to a conscious Working Class Hero Art!?

Despite their inherited / imposed insensitivity, Art’s parents have transferred some unique qualities of life. Through their son, those have blossomed into a historical documentation and guidance about feelings and the importance of love, touch, and attention. In Art’s case, it looks as if the Evolution has developed the necessary repressions / gates between the unconscious and the conscious. His unsatisfied unconscious has propelled psychic energy / motivation to understand / develop the Primal Principle, which has become a crucial survival reality for many of us, in order to, eventually, become more conscious.

Often we act as if Evolution were an instrument in a human controlled process, when it, in reality, relates vice versa. Evolution is full of seemingly temporary results in a continuous process that constantly searches / creates its meaning and balance. A process that we reflect and seek to influence, each according to his / her interpretation or the standards that are fashionable.

Jan Johnsson

PS
I am aware that my remaining eventual working pals hesitate about my opinion of a working class hero. However, having done a class trip and having used the looking glass inside out, I have realized that a Working Class Hero can live in Malibu Beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment