Thursday, March 24, 2011

I have a Dream Vision! (Article 32 of the history of my epilepsy.)

According to those involved, there are two reasons why something occurs, one specified reason, and one that is true. I have been no exception, and I have always given my own colored version for a behavior, and for how my life has evolved. That was the reason why I wrote the story of "My Epileptic Journey", with the intention to the give the real story behind my epilepsy, which to such a large extent has dominated my life, my feelings and thoughts.
I think that because of the way my life has developed, I have had much more success than poor luck and that I have had a fascinating and instructive life. There may be people who believe that my life has been difficult and scary. However, even if I got a life with heavy pain engraved into my body and mind from the start, my subjective opinion of what I have been through has been positive. I have achieved, with measurable, natural methods, to reduce the heart rate, lower the blood pressure and adjust my body temperature. To that I can add what it means not to feel anxiety and be humiliated by my own neurotic behavior and not to feel an uncertain fear of epileptic seizures and their origin.
After having written my story of my Epileptic Journey, I have a desire. It is a dream that many more should have access to a combination of physical and psychotherapeutic help to achieve a healthy mind in a healthy body. I know that there is a method available to peel off mental blockages and neurosis down to imprints created in the womb life. There exists as well  techniques to release the physical consequences of the mental deadlocks and imprints. I have had the chance to have had access to therapies from both sides. Add to that a growing awareness of the importance of minerals and vitamins in the human body.
I have undergone treatments in dynamic psychotherapy and physiotherapy, and I feel with increasing clarity that I have been a successful case through my particular problem and its relation to epilepsy, almost on the verge of an exception. Two outstanding personalities, in the metaphysical world, have fascinated me during 30-40 years, Dr Art Janov and Dr Ida Rolf. Their ideas/theories of a natural way of healing mind and body, fit into my needs and experiences in my search for a remedy of my epilepsy and its negative psychological aftermaths. I became fast convinced of the geniuses of both, and with a combination of luck and skill, I could get their support.
My dream vision is that the best of Dr Janov could be merged with the best of Dr Rolf into a professionally managed therapy treatment. To develop their, still metaphysically dominated, insights into the tight circle of scientifically proven knowledge have obsessed these two therapeutical gurus. Dr Janov is a gifted author and has over 40 years written a number of terrific books to document his work and to achieve this ambition. Dr Ida Rolf, was a chemist, physicist and doer who hated to write, even if her followers have documented quite a few of her wise philosophies. For both goes that a manual, accessible to a broad audience, could be useful. I do not think the sufferers in the world mind, wether  their therapies have scientific backing. We all know that patented pharmaceuticals are killing hundreds of thousands of sufferers (which the therapies could have helped) annually in the name of scientific determinism. Of course, science is crucial and necessary, but, with shrewd economical and political behavior, it is easy to exploit over long periods.
One first step, in a dream, is to build a test center around the treatments of the Janov Solution / “Evolution in Reverse” and the Rolfing Physical Restructuration and keep them in association by professionally trained therapists from each side and of course with organizational resources to achieve, train, document and create a reliable follow up. The envisaged test center has to recruite / train proffessionals to be able to find universities to establish research collaboration.
I cannot see any obstacles for the establishment of a test center of the type I recommend. The concept of “evolution in reverse” like the principle of Gravity and Fascia is a free, unpatented, right, available to anyone. There may be some legal aspects to consider if the current brand-names are being infringed. As Dr Janov has told us, the idea of his therapy was by ”accident” initiated by the famous and notorious, destruction artist Raphael Montañes Ortiz in a New York Theatre (see under chapter ”Hidden Agenda”). Eventually Dr Janov developed it into a principle of ”evolution in reverse” used in his current therapy treatment. For me and countless others, his books, written over 40 years, have been and are masterpieces in helping us understand the problems and, at the same time, to understand the principles of healing, that is, to live/experience the underlying, imprinted pain.
Dr Janov has over 30 years, unfortunately, not managed a follow up on the research he wanted in the early 80ies. Moreover, important handbooks in Psychotherapy for university students in USA and Europe do not after decades with a word take up his therapy and a certain skeptical attitude prevail in many circles. The original, dramatic marketing success of the Primal Scream, as a quick fix, has died off long ago, which is an advantage seen with serious eyes. However, despite the fact that the general success, for the Primal Therapy, has not reached the originally expected proportions, I have regained a decent life.  After having lived and experienced much of my repressed mental pain, following the advice of Dr Janov, I have with growing conviction, over 40 years, experienced the potential in his ingenious ideas to resolve imprints of pain. 
Unfortunately, Dr Janovs ability to pass on his strength to his employees has never been an apparent success and this has kept his treatment mainly a local business. The traditional therapist business is ideal for rapid cell division because of low costs to start up a treatment, which the entrepreneurial personalities made while the weak stayed without being able to contribute with any development. The success of my own treatment is to 100% due to the personal guidance and impact of Dr Janov, which I received in his books, during occasional meetings in LA, Paris and a few other places and through a mail and email communication stretched over many years. 
Maybe the time has come for a reorganization. This can, if done correctly, with the help of the dynamics of the Internet, be done relatively quickly and at a reasonable cost. It can be a success if dedicated and knowledgeable people can be gathered around a project with a scientific ambition and a vital, strategic goal. The people in the whole world need a solution like this. The question is whether there are enthusiasts, dedicated persons with enough resources available. Without a strong organization, the wisdom of Dr Janov will never have a chance.
The mighty enemy is of course that part of the pharmaceutical industry and its trillion dollar revenues, which by different kinds of legal ”corruption” is giving absolute control to politicians, cientists, research centers, doctors and therapists who are basing their treatments on drugs. I suppose the pharmaceutical industry, many years ago, had given plenty of research grants to Dr Janov, if they or their allies in the universities only could have smelled future premiums.
Dr Janov, earlier, often claimed that his therapy was the only true democratic treatment. With my experience, I can only agree and hope that many others who believe in democracy will join and build something stable on his concept of ”evolution in reverse”! One day both Americans and other inhabitants on Earth will get sick and tired of the fact that hundreds and thousands of people, every year, suffer and die, due to incorrect diagnosis and inappropriate medication.

Jan Johnsson 
Genovés Jan/Mar, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment