Monday, October 29, 2012

It is not only my iMac memory which needs a clean up...




It is not only my iMac memory which needs a clean up...

The book writing neurosurgeon and Art’s well formulated and defined Reflection (Is There Really a Heaven?), of what is happening at various levels in the brain when we at some early stage have been subjected to unbearable pain gave me a lot of reasons to think through and reorganize my memories of a long life in the shadow of pain, anxiety, religion, neurology, psychology and neuroses.

I have earlier in life, during an uncertain imminent threat of neurologic interventions due to my epileptic stigma, tried to convince me / “believe” that surgeons belonged to the group of professionals where accuracy and precision in "hand and mind” dominates. This belief has suffered a blow. Belief often fills an unbearable emptiness, which remains when  knowledge is lacking. 

In the case of the fairy tale writing surgeon, he choose, due to lack of knowledge, to interpret his absurd experiences from his period of illness in religious terms and uses with disguised restriction his professional background / prestige to sell his book to a religiously drug dependent society with the help of a well known (not scientific!) magazine. 

The advantage that my faith in the surgeons got a scratch is that it happens with the help of an insider who reveals what is below the surface even in surgeons...

Jan Johnsson

No comments:

Post a Comment