Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Connection Between a Verbal Neurosis and a Birth Trauma.


The Connection Between a Verbal Neurosis and a Birth Trauma.

When I wrote about the definition of oxymoron and exemplified by my own neurotic word-games to keep the outside world confused, I was not consiously aware of the degree to which I described one of our most deceptive phenomenas. Interpretation and definition of words and expressions is an insidious phenomenon with results that ranges from to clarify, please and sublimate to trouble, adulterate, confuse and terrorize.

For those who are unsure of their identity and of their role in a context and who become exposed to deliberate verbal confusion / terror, life becomes a painful trauma and we need all the creative goobledegook and definitions from Psychology and Psychiatry to describe the mental states that arise. For those who feel secure (true or false) on their intellectual ability, verbal acrobatics, poetry, bilblical interpretations, litterary brilliance become a both addictive and pleasurable while effective defense against an undefined anxiety / repressed pain.

Until I had understood and experienced The Primal Principles and created a Frame of Reference (which meant that my left brain communicated with my right brain) I controlled, through my intellectual / left brain, my language so that it would provide maximum pain relief. The opportunities and possibilities were limitless. Interpretations of languages, messages, information and emotions etc., have been my main job for most of my life.

The more I have relived/experienced the pain that has been below my neuroses, the more I feel the need to let my expressions, of all kinds, which I produce in the left, intellectual brain, be filtered by the emotional Frame of Reference, my real need, in the right hemisphere. 

If I create too big a difference / confusion between a verbal construction (a message) and a feeling (reality) I risk causing miswires in the brain (connected to my traumatic birth process), which then react with (overload / leaky gates) hallucinations and sizures. It might sound complicated but the context is very simple! (If You want to know more, go to: What Really Counts in Our Development!)

Jan Johnsson

PS

Looking for an antonym to neurosis I found, among others: Balance, sanity, liking and LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. You are a great guy!
    Have read several of your comments on Janov's blog. Recently I was very much "with you" in your response to Richard Atkins silly knee-jerk warning apropos you outline how you came to resolve some of your problems.

    ReplyDelete