Monday, July 14, 2014

"What Goes Around Comes Around."

3 closed cycles in a week.

From July 8th to today, I have experienced how, three, long, extraordinary cycles have matured. The cycles have included avant-gardism / provocative art, traumas, psychotherapy, soccer, repressed anger and a lot of emotions. Everything is the result of external stimuli which have made my subconscious memories available. The prerequisite for these experiences, named The Primal Principle / Evolution in Reverse. Innovator Arthur Janov.

1 - 7  As In A Brazilian Mirror 7 - 1 

On July 9th, 1950, at the FIFA world Cup in Brazil, when I was almost 10 years old, I was involved in one, as it would later appear, traumatic experience. Sweden lost 1 - 7 against the host country Brazil before 133.000 spectators in Maracana stadium in Rio de Janerio. The reporter showed, humanly but completely unprofessionally, his grief with, after every Brazilian goal, to repeat “Ay, ay, ay, this isn’t true.”  When I barely ten years later developed epilepsy, and the gates to my birth trauma leaked pain and anxiety, I could not prevent a slip of the tongue / “riff”; “Ay, ay, ay this is not true” to be part of my hallucination / fit. This habit followed me well into the future until I had re-lived my trauma. 

On July 8th, 2014, at the FIFA world Cup in Brazil, exactly 64 years later the host nation Brazil and Germany, played against each other in the Estadio Minerao, Belo Horizonte. Before the game started, I remembered Brazil’s humiliation of Sweden in 1950. I sensed and wished that Germany would win,  and I predicted that the result would be 7 - 1 to Germany. My prediction would give me a sort of personal vindication for the trauma at 10 years of age. My bet was a hit.

My dislike for longer family visits.

For some time, my friend Eva and I scheduled a visit by her Swedish family in Spain. Yesterday, when we discussed the timing and Eva announced that the family of different reasons stretched out their stay one week more than I had in my mind, I had a hard time hiding my rage. I had no obvious reason to react as I did. As I read “The Making Of A Therapist” of Louis Cozolino, I went, during my conversation with Eva, “down in the body,” in an attempt to feel what my anger was due. In seconds my anger mixed with memories, rose from “forgetfulness” / the subconscious, from my childhood 1945-1948. We had then, for a few years, due to convalescence after cancer surgeries, two of my father’s sisters living with us, which I felt excruciating because they were sick, depressed and mood inhibiting. No consideration was given to me, and no one talked to me about it I repressed my pain during almost 70 years. Janov / Cozolino saved me from, more than necessary, acting out my anger on Eva in 2014.


From Raphael Ortiz avant-garde seances in N.Y. in the 1960is to The Primal Scream: The Musical.  

Primal PRIMAL SCREAM, THE MUSICAL
Primal Scream Foundation
Music by David Foster and Arthur Janov
Script by Arthur Janov and France Janov
Directed by Terry Berliner
Primal Scream, the comical and powerful new musical, is adapted from the best-selling book and teams legendary music composer David Foster with France and Arthur Janov. It frames a compelling story of two people who cannot love due to their childhood feelings, and of four other patients, each resolving problems through moments rendered in provocative, whimsical scenes, underscored by explosively entertaining music. Primal Scream is an exhilarating and unique theatrical experience.
Friday, October 17, 8 PM

When I saw an ad in Art’s Reflection blog, I experienced my third breathtaking feeling in a week: “What goes around, comes around.” From Raphael Ortiz, Arthur Janov and Ida Rolf I received input which continues to enrich my life. The emotional, often wordless, natural treatments / methods, from these outstanding guides, have been an invaluable source of my fitting to both the physical and the mental gravity.

Over the years, Art has in countless reflections analyzed how history’s best actors / artists, with their repressed / unrelieved pain, have incarnated / personalized unforgettable role personalities. Now, Dr. Janov takes the step from Therapy Business to Show Business in order to present, on stage in the form of art, what he learned from Evolution in Reverse. I’m convinced that there is more than enough pain in the corps of actors to make The Musical: “The Primal Scream” into a success. I expect a different, partly verbal, partly cognitive way to promote an often wordless, emotional, Primal Therapy. No Business is like Showbusiness.

Good Luck!

Is it possible to ask for a ticket or two?

Jan Johnsson 


No comments:

Post a Comment