Friday, October 7, 2011

More on Rolfing and Primal Therapy

Rolfing 11. (Oct. 7th. 2011)






















More on Rolfing and Primal Therapy.

After having given myself a few months break from my Rolfing sessions, which I went through during the winter and spring of 2011, I went today to my Rolfer for a follow-up treatment. I came to Jordi without having any specific expectations. However, in my mind, I had 3 significant experiences during the last 24-48 hours:
1. I had after 50 years re-established contact with a (then) girl who was important to me during my teenage and who is the main person in my chapter; “To fulfill your own unique destiny”. 2. I had answered a question from Art Janov if I consider that I have conquered my epilepsy.  My answer was a doubtless positive confirmation. 3. The evening before I went to Jordi, I had been presented to the school in Valencia where Isabel is planning to study at least the following two years. The school and in particular, it’s teachers left me with a very good impression and erased a lot of the educational worries I have had for Isabel.
Jordi went through many of the steps we had worked on in the spring, and I felt satisfaction over the improvements I have made in my way of walking with less efforts, my posture, the mobility in my right hip and my body’s over all positive reactions. Two things, however, needed continued attention. My shoulders still have a tendency to tense up and while walking my head turns downwards like my chest. Jordi worked patiently during a couple of hours on these facts. 
Suddenly, when I tested to walk the way, he believes is right for me, with my head upright and my chest lifted (without pushing the shoulders backward) I got a feeling that “I have no right to walk this way looking cocky” and all at once the memories of my childhood village's ridged hierarchy and environment came to my mind, and I could repeatedly feel it’s very negative influence on my body and mind. These memories were followed by flashes of being stuck during my laborious and horrendous birth.
I left later Jordi after a long and liberating discussion, and I walked just as confident as I earlier felt I was not allowed to. What would I do without Art and Jordi? 
Jan Johnsson




Arthur Janov said...

An email from Jan: "My view on my epilepsy is that I have conquered it! To be on guard I consider myself an epileptic! What has happend a few times during 2011 is that I, in a dream, can sense that I will have a fit and a kind of mini tickle passes through my frontal lobes. With my studies and tests of seizures I know what the tickles are. For somebody else it would be like an itching anywhere on the body.
I'm living a normal life, hiking in the mountains and keeping myself fit. If I drunk, smoked and lived a more sloppy life it is possible that I could have a seizure. After my last big batch of primals 2-3 years ago, when a lot of neurosis were relived and dissolved, I have not experienced any hallucinations and petit mals.
The second title of my book will be "Demystifying my Epilepsy". That is exactly what You an PT have helped me to do. It is so much more than the seizures which need to be explained and felt. Epilepsy was part of my physiologic and neurotic package which I developed.
To say that PT has helped me conquer my epilepsy is in no way an exaggeration. Quite the contrary.
Jan"

No comments:

Post a Comment