Thursday, September 13, 2012

To My Curly Shrink


Janov's Reflections 
To my fellow bloggers: 

From now on I will only write when the mood strikes me. It is time to take myself off a rigid schedule and relax a bit. I think I have pretty much said it. Thanks for all your help and blogs; always interesting. I am not giving up, just slacking off a bit. Good luck to you all. Art Janov

My comment:


To My Curly Shrink

When I first read  your “statement of withdrawal”, I was hit by a stab of loss and felt sorry in a way I would never have been able to feel before your guidance, into PT, helped me experience that a brain without access to feelings is not having fitness for long-term survival. For decades, emotional experiences, if they slipped through my defense, often culminated in a seizure or in a hallucination.

So I went to bed feeling sorry. However, I woke up this morning with a deep satisfaction emerging out of my sorrow. It is a satisfaction of having been guided by your gentle and generous advice to demystify my epilepsy and life. When I in the mid 90ies went through hell and decided to take a trip through my epilepsy = birth trauma you were with me every day and every minute. Your charisma and the primal principals reached all the way to southern Sweden 7500 miles from L.A.

I remember when you 1985 in Bergen, Norway, said to us, something like “use my help now, because I’m getting old, and I may not be around for much longer.” Fortunately, you were wrong, and we got at least another 27 years. And what fantastic years those have been!

Thank you Art and keep going at the pace that suits you best! I will try to spread your life-giving principles, as well as I can!

Love Jan




Arthur Janov September 13, 2012 10:27 AM
Jan: We had some good times, and I will miss you all too, but alas, life marches on. art




No comments:

Post a Comment