Tuesday, November 30, 2010

06.The important mentors who made my Epileptic Journey possible. (Article 5 of the history of my epilepsy.)

G.L.




My subjective well-being and my social status was rescued by G.L., when my first spouse had become tired of my neurotic job and home exchange. For both of us there was certainly a mutual experience of both euphoria and status. Shortly before I met G.L., I had come across Svend Moller Andersen, read The Primal Scream and established a dream to go to L.A . The goal was established, but there was much maneuvering left. After we had lived through the tragic fact when our child died in foster-poisoning in 1976 G.L. became eventually as enthusiastic for the idea of LA as myself and the process to go to the USA seemed to us both unstoppable, when a number of in itself difficult obstacles had been overcome.
In retrospect, I used for sure G.L.’s youthful enthusiasm to get through a non contemptible number of practical barriers such as migration, changing houses, apartments and refurbishment of Brokamåla to move to 1440 Veterans Ave., Beverly Hills, LA, Cal, USA. G.L.’s emotional and useful support, not least to get from an idea in 1974 to the therapy with Janov 1978 and 1979 was a prerequisite. It can easily be underestimated.

No comments:

Post a Comment