Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1 to 2% Of My Thoughts.

Psychology and Ideology. How Could Anyone (Except ...
By Peter Prontzos (2/6)     (Click to access!)


My comments:



1 to 2 % of my thoughts
The fact that 98 to 99% of our thoughts and emotions are unconscious according to Lakeoff’s and Kandel’s estimations and guesses, makes me feel good about how I over 50 years have been unconsciously convinced that I eventually would find a way out of my prison of pain. It, certainly, was not achieved in one giant step or through a quick revolution, but by countless number of small steps and continuos (often painful) adjustments. 
It has been a lifelong rehabilitation process, in which the fact that I, basically, was being "emotionally nourished" by Art Janov’s Primal Principals, gave me the knowledge, technique and confidence to refashion my life and brain. It has certainly been a complex and dialectical journey which has been determined by both nature and nurture.
There have been opinions that I have been a “prisoner” of Art Janov, who is so fortunate to have a genius’s access to our emotions and unconscious. To demystify my epilepsy and my neuroses, Art’s genius has been as indispensable as oxygen and the serotonin founding sunlight for my survival.
So contrary to what people might think, Art guided me out of my prison of pain and made possible, although delayed, my healthy emotional development into freedom! 
Jan Johnsson

No comments:

Post a Comment