Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Learning a new fact vs. understanding of a situation.


Learning a new fact vs. understanding of a situation.
For me, it is “incomprehensible” how Art’s long analysis “Hijacking Sex Revisited” can be neglected and has been neglected by so many of the millions of psychologists/therapists who exist around Mother Earth. There are far too many of these, at least traditionally, well-gifted men and women who have been swept along by the evolutionary determinism. 
Why? Why are not the majority of all therapists, through the use of proper techniques, guiding their patients to relive first line imprints to access the fountain of truth? The truth of Art’s these are impossible to reason away. It is, Evolution in Reverse, as old and established as Evolution. Art gives one excuse himself, for the cognitive method, saying: “Nature is a good protector -  memories shouldn’t be easily accessed, as the lower centers of the brain hold survival functions and adaption strategies that must be tampered with”. 
My conclusion: If cognitive therapists are not applying proper techniques, they do less harm reinforcing evolution, than trying to relive imprints the improper way!
My thoughts often go to the fact that extremely few are curiously, searching within themselves in order to fulfil their real needs. That strong is the eternal  power of evolution, a catch 22, that emotional repression, being infused into the present, causes the loss of objectivity. However, it is difficult to argue away the historic value of evolution and it’s roll in the survival of humanity so far. Art’s expression some time ago “Thank God for religion” is one of those survival facts, when evolution let the religion shadow the objectivity in order for us to survive.
Why do I, over time, no longer doubt Art’s Primal Principles? It is a combination that I had epilepsy, during a period when lobotomy (in my own home country) was a recently Nobel prized treatment alternative, and that I was lucky (with place of birth, having a young star neurologist, access to understanding people and contacts) and was equipped with enough talent. Being terrified by the lobotomy alternative gave me courage to find my own narrow path. I learned the hard way to avoid cognitive therapy (which was seizure-inducing) and looked for alternative treatments that gradually made me free.
Psychologic facts could not, for almost a lifetime, impress me. On the contrary, my brain did not assimilate the facts, and I had to feel my epilepsy instead of using psychological / neurological theories. However, reading most of Art’s literature, I could eventually understand my situation.
Jan Johnsson
PS
The Nobel prize for the development of lobotomy was later heavily criticized.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment