Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rolfing 7. (Jan. 27th, 2011)




























Rolfing 7.
One of Spain's, during the last years, most admired personalities is Pep Guardiola. He is the head coach for the best soccer team in the world, at this point, FC Barcelona. Just like when he actively played soccer, when he coaches his team (filled with prima donnas and superstars), when he practically, intellectually or emotionally is commenting on the player’s actions or when he is moving around physically, everything is done in a natural and beautiful way. I suppose Ida Rolf would have appreciated the total naturalness with which he is appearing. Nobody asks to define that beauty in his performance and look. Everybody recognizes it. “It is an intuitive appreciation of normalcy” according to Dr Rolf.
Today's Rolfing session was about to continue to turn much of my jerky, constricting and impression limiting reactions in my muscles and (especially) fascia to stretch out, open up my shoulders, my thorax, eyes and ears in order to become less controlled and unconsciously inhibited. Much of my mental repressions and demons are dissolved, and they need not their old reflexive protection thanks to the Primal Therapy.
An effect I will have to expect during the near future is that emotions will ascend easier and slide through my defense network in a way, although it is natural, I am not used to. The second half of my Rolfing hours went to work with the skull in relation to the thorax. My neck, my face, my nose and the inner parts of my mouth experienced new sensations and reactions while the fascia was stretched. I assume that this somehow will leave its mark in my birth primals, when from time to time they in their now greatly reduced impacts want to get out of memory and out of the various levels of consciousness in my brain.
Jan Johnsson

No comments:

Post a Comment