Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dream A Little Dream Of Me.

After having written my story of my Epileptic Journey and come alive, I have a dream. It is a dream about that many more than I should have access to a combination of physical and psychotherapeutic support to achieve a healthy mind in a healthy body. To give an example in a nutshell: To lower the heart rate from >70/75 to 55/60 per minute, to lower the blood pressure from >140/80 to 110/60, and to lower the body temperature by 1 - 1,5 degrees. I am convinced that there are  treatments available to peel off mental blockages and neurosis down to imprints created in the womb life, as well as it exists techniques to release the physical consequences of the psychological deadlocks and imprints. I have had the fortune to have had access to therapies from both sides.
Regarding the treatments, I have undergone in Primal Therapy and Rolfing, I understand with increasing clarity that I have been a lucky case, almost a kind of exception. I have been fascinated by two exceptional personalities during 30-40 years, Dr Art Janov and Dr Ida Rolf. Their ideas/theories of a natural way of healing mind and body, fit into my needs and experiences in my search for a cure of my epilepsy and its negative psychologic aftermaths. I was early convinced of the geniuses of both and with more luck than skill, I could get their help.
These two paragraphs were the beginning of an article I called, “I have a dream”, which I wrote a couple of months ago. Last night I really had a dream. It was a very realistic and positive dream, filled with music and good feelings in which cramps were understood, and I came alive.
A dream figure, a physiological and psychological creature, who represented someone completely adapted to gravity and with a feeling mind. I wanted to be that creature and in between, I was. In the dream, I was singing and listening to “Dream a little dream of me”. Simultaneously, I had feelings, in which I resolved cramp after a cramp. During a moment, I had a feeling of being close to a seizure, being numb and feeling dead, something, which happened when I was 18 (before I developed epilepsy) though without knowing then what was going on.
During moments, I felt identical with the Primal/Rolfing creature in the dream, even if it was not me. The dream which felt very realistic lasted for hours. In spite of sensations of cramps and crude feelings, it was a very pleasant dream. I cannot understand how I, who have always been perceived as tone deaf, during the dream, from my memories, could retrieve words and music to “Dream a little Dream of me” and sing it during the whole dream with the timber of Nat “King” Cole. I have not heard that song for many years. Both immediately after waking up and now hours later I feel calm and balanced. Physical health and mental health are the same thing!
Jan Johnsson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fCGkl-ToTw

No comments:

Post a Comment